The Solutions Consultant is a multi-skilled technical product expert in pre-sales and post-sales activities with a good understanding of product management. He/she develops long-term relationships with customers and prospects, often acting as a first line contact for product and feature related issues.
This role has four key elements:
- Acting in a technical pre-sales role supporting the Sales team and engaging with customers to develop and close business opportunities while assisting customers to understand our solutions in the UK market and also globally where support is required
- Providing support to customers from first contact all the way through to successful solution deployment and post-sales support with nominated customers through the Ranplan support process
- Work closely with the product management team to ensure all aspects of preparation for product release are released with all test, supporting documentation and training materials
- Undertake evaluation of product usability and provide feedback to product management and technology team as appropriate.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Pre-sale support, including solution demonstrations, quotations, design, proposal, detailed RFP responses, and presentations
- Provide technical training to customers, including the development of bespoke courses as required by the customer
- Provide internal training and mentoring to all sales and technical staff to ensure the transfer of technical knowledge relative to Ranplan
- Working with the sales team to identify, develop and close business opportunities with key accounts
- Produce and deliver formal business proposals and presentations to clients
- Working with the sales team to identify and recommend action plans which will address new business opportunities
- Identify key customer requirements and coordinate with CTO, and Development to ensure that these requirements are implemented in their solutions
- Authoring and contributing to technical documentation and marketing collateral
- Manage all technical activities for customer
- Promote the full range of Ranplan solutions to customers
- Plan and execute technical product demonstrations or field and lab trials at customer sites in order to place Ranplan Sales in a strong position to close
- Post Sales delivery of Ranplan Support services to nominated customers
- Coordinate 2nd and 3rd line Support in order to identify and resolve critical issues with nominated customer account networks
- Provide feedback to engineering regarding all aspects of product performance and design e.g. defects and enhancements
- Maintain high awareness of competitor’s product features and performance in order to exploit technical advantages during RFP/RFI and trial execution
- Represent the company in an official capacity as a speaker at conferences from time to time
- Travel to customer sites around the Americas and to stay in country as customer needs dictate
Key Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum Bachelor degree in telecommunications, the planning field or equivalent.
- Experience in planning, designing and optimising in-building wireless networks
- Proven ability to provide technical product training and mentoring to customers and co-workers
- Technical pre-sales working experience at a vendor level and with telecom operators
- Knowledge of wireless cellular standards and equipment (LTE GSM, 3G, HSDPA)
- Commercial acumen
- RFP response
- A proven track record of building long-term relationships with telecom operators and OEM vendors.
- Ability to understand the customer’s needs in order to deliver desired solution.
- Proven ability to manage customer accounts in cooperation with Sales at the technical level.
- Have a high level of hands-on product knowledge and experience with the ability to work independently in difficult and stressful situations.
- Ability to mentor fellow employees for the successful transfer of knowledge to all staff.
- Excellent collaboration skills with a wide variety of people (product management, engineering, marketing).
- Ability to show creativity and openness to new challenges
- Good oral and written communication, interpersonal skills.
Ranplan Wireless is an innovative wireless technology company that has developed the World’s only solution that can plan, design and optimise inbuilding and outdoor wireless networks in coordination. Our solutions enable us to help an ecosystem of companies deploy the next generation of wireless networks for a range of applications in urban environments, supporting multiple technologies such as 4G LTE, 5G, Wifi and IoT, providing end users with an unmatched quality of experience.
Ranplan Wireless is a subsidiary of Ranplan Group AB (Nasdaq First North: RPLAN) whose head office is in Stockholm, Sweden. The group operates out of offices in the UK, US and China.