The Software Engineer is accountable for the successful design, installation, testing and maintenance of software systems to support Ranplan’s product portfolio.
Four key elements of this role:
- Review current systems in terms of capability and issue resolution
- Develop new software features according to agreed specifications and quality guidelines
- Lead project teams to develop new technology products including project management, reporting, issue and risk identification and people / resource management
- Create and submit regular project progress reports within agreed timeframes
- Create detailed technical design documents as and when required
- Produce detailed specifications and write the programme codes as appropriate
- Review team members’ written code to ensure it meets quality and specification
- Evaluate work undertaken by other project team members and provide direction, coaching and technical support as and when required
- Support bug fixing
- Provide training to new team members on any aspect of the systems / processes as and when required
- Support user interface development
- Support the Test team with Automation testing and provides training for colleagues
- Work closely with product management to produce solutions to customer problems
- Work with legacy code to enhance or correct defects.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Formal Education & Certification
- Educated to degree level or higher in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or in a related subject.
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven expert in multiple programming languages, including C#
- Sound knowledge and understanding of computer algorithms
- Proven ability to develop software for wireless products that meet consumer needs or solve business problems
- Familiar with more than one software development methodology.
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
Closing date for applications is 22nd May 2019.
About Ranplan Wireless
Ranplan Wireless is an innovative wireless technology company that has developed the World’s only solution that can plan, design, and optimise inbuilding and outdoor wireless networks in coordination. Our solutions enable us to help an ecosystem of companies deploy the next generation of wireless networks for a range of applications in urban environments, supporting multiple technologies such as 4G LTE, 5G, Wi-Fi and IoT, providing end users with an unmatched quality of experience.
Ranplan Wireless is a subsidiary of Ranplan Group AB (Nasdaq First North: RPLAN) whose head office is in Stockholm, Sweden. The group operates out of offices in the UK, US and China.