The Software Engineer is accountable for the successful design, installation, testing and maintenance of software systems to support the development of Ranplan’s product portfolio. In particular, the post holder will be involved in developing data analytics software for the Innovate UK funded project titled “Powering Urban Smart Mobility with Data Analytics”.
As a software engineer you will be responsible for a number of tasks:
- Review current systems in terms of capability and issue resolution
- Develop new software features according to agreed specifications and quality guidelines
- Lead project teams to develop new technology products including project management, reporting, issue and risk identification and people / resource management
- Create and submit regular project progress reports within agreed timeframes
- Create detailed technical design documents as and when required
- Produce detailed specifications and write the programme codes as appropriate
- Review team members’ written code to ensure it meets quality and specification
- Evaluate work undertaken by other project team members and provide direction, coaching and technical support as and when required
- Support bug fixing
- Provide training to new team members on any aspect of the systems / processes as and when required
- Support user interface development
- Support the test team with automation testing and provide training for colleagues
- Work closely with product management to produce solutions to customer problems
- Work with legacy code to enhance or correct defects.
Key knowledge & skills
- Educated to degree level or higher in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or demonstrable, relevant experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven experience in multiple programming languages, such as Python, C# and Java
- Sound knowledge and understanding of computer algorithms
- Proven ability to develop software products that meet consumer needs or solve business problems
- Familiar with at least one software development methodology.
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Able to work independently
- Have great attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
Ranplan Wireless is an innovative wireless technology company that has developed the World’s only software solution that can plan, design, and optimise inbuilding and outdoor wireless networks in coordination. Our software solutions enable us to help an ecosystem of companies deploy the next generation of wireless networks for a range of applications in urban environments, supporting multiple technologies such as 4G LTE, 5G, Wi-Fi and IoT, providing end users with an unmatched quality of experience.
Ranplan Wireless is a subsidiary of Ranplan Group AB (Nasdaq First North: RPLAN) whose head office is in Stockholm, Sweden. The group operates out of offices in the UK, US and China.