The Manual Test Engineer’s role is to test new and existing software features across multiple product lines. You will be passionate about software testing and champion product quality.
You will be responsible for:
- Working as part of a test team, write and execute test cases for new features as they are being developed for Ranplan’s suite of products
- Executing manual test cases from the regression suite
- Creating test strategies, test plans and reporting the overall quality of the products and features
- Maintain and enhance existing tests case
- Investigating failures from the Automation reports
- Raising defects on issues identified
- Identifying risks associated with testing and software release and escalating issues to the Test Manager
- Adhering to and enhancing appropriate test standards
- Performing manual functional, system, regression and exploratory testing
- Contributing to ongoing improvements in efficiency and effectiveness of testing and QE practices.
Key knowledge & skills
- Degree or higher in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- An ISQTB/ISEB Foundation certificate in Software Testing is a bonus but not essential.
Knowledge & Experience
- Must have proven experience in software quality processes and concepts, including creating and maintaining test plans, test cases and writing effective bug reports
- Able to test throughout the development life cycle and delivering a quality product
- Willingness to learn new technologies and testing techniques
- Experience of working as part of an Agile team
- Experience of testing C# & C++ codebases and UI products
- Experience of data-driven algorithm testing
- Familiarity with ISO9001 is an advantage.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
Ranplan Wireless is an innovative wireless technology company that has developed the World’s only solution that can plan, design and optimise in-building and outdoor wireless networks in coordination. Our solutions enable us to help an ecosystem of companies deploy the next generation of wireless networks for a range of applications in urban environments, supporting multiple technologies such as 4G LTE, 5G, Wi-Fi and IoT, providing end users with an unmatched quality of experience.
Ranplan Wireless is a subsidiary of Ranplan Group AB (Nasdaq First North: RPLAN) whose head office is in Stockholm, Sweden. The group operates out of offices in the UK, US and China.