The Commercial Operations Director will be responsible for promoting and expanding the Company commercial activities in line with the corporate goals and objectives with the aim of accelerating growth and ensuring the business maximises all opportunities to deliver profitable and sustainable growth.
Commercial Strategy and Management
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify and develop unique selling propositions and differentiators
- Develop and implement commercial plans and strategies according to company goals and objectives with the aim of driving revenue and business growth
- Work with the regional sales teams to develop and implement strategic account plans and monitor their performance; ensuring industry best practice
- Identify and establish Global Strategic Accounts, Strategic Partners and Channels (OME and Resellers)
- Manage and review commercial contracts, carry out risk assessments when taking on new customer accounts and perform due diligence
- Assist in setting financial targets, including developing and monitoring budgets
- Provide training, development and mentoring to internal team members on all aspects of Business Development
- Represent the company externally in partnership discussions, exhibitions and conferences to enhance and strengthen the company’s profile as well as optimise all business opportunities.
Sales and Support
- Global Sales team – lead the sales team and delivery of sales revenue. Manage and develop the global sales organisation across multiple locations. Enhance sales processes, tools and strategies into scalable and profitable programs to drive sales revenue across the organisation
- Bid Management Process – own the bid management process and co-ordinate all internal inputs to associated process steps/documents from RFQ to commercial agreement.
- CRM salesforce – Manage and co-ordinate the effective use of the CRM tool across all regions, ensuring forecasting and pipeline management alignment
- Performance Reporting and Risk Management – Producing a progress/performance report of opportunities and leads on a weekly/monthly basis and highlight any risks and propose solutions
- Support – Co-ordinate the regional support to ensure delivery of first class support to customers in line with service level agreements.
Delivery and Customer Relationship Management
- Delivery – Work closely with the Product and Development teams to ensure we create, win and deliver key strategic opportunities; that all key customer needs are met and customer requirements are fully communicated throughout the business to ensure the delivery is in line with the technology roadmap and customer requirements
- Customer Retention – work closely with the Senior Management Team to ensure product marketing and new business development plans reflects existing customer needs and requirements to maximise retention and associated revenue
- Partner / Reseller Strategy – Work closely with the Senior Management Team to review existing partner or reseller arrangements and own commercial strategy in line with the Go to Market Strategy principles. Identify new opportunities and close commercial agreements. Identify and resolve any partnership or reseller agreements that are underperforming or do not fit within the Ranplan commercial strategy
- Customer Satisfaction – Ensure regular reviews are carried out with customers to ensure their needs are being met, excellent customer service is being delivered and customer satisfaction is being achieved. Monitor and report upon Client Satisfaction and produce monthly information for Key Performance Indicators ensuring Ranplan remains proactive and responsive to current and prospective customers. Manage and maintain the relationship with key decision makers.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
Formal education and qualifications
- Degree or equivalent in a technical or business-related discipline.
Knowledge & Experience
- Strong entrepreneurial skills and a natural ability to spot opportunities for revenue generation
- Natural leader of people with excellent managerial and motivational skills
- Relevant industry experience and in-depth knowledge of the market
- Demonstrable success in the telecoms sector, with demonstrable experience gained through senior Sales, Business development or Sales Operation functions
- Proven experience of effectively managing large distributed teams across multiple locations
- Proven track record of ability to scope, develop and execute complex commercial projects across multiple stakeholders, functions, levels of seniority and geographies
- Experience in managing and supporting global market strategies.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentation, listening skills)
- Able to influence across different levels of internal and external organisation
- Excellent negotiating and closing skills
- Significant commercial acumen
- Self-motivated, driven, diligent, credible, detail-conscious and focused on delivery against objectives.
Ranplan Wireless is an innovative wireless technology company that has developed world leading software tools for outdoor/indoor wireless network planning, design and optimization, using advanced 3D building modelling and radio propagation simulation. The company is at the forefront of research and development for radio propagation, femto/small cell design, automatic RAN optimization and the deployment of complex HetNets.
Ranplan Wireless is a subsidiary of Ranplan Group AB (Nasdaq First North: RPLAN) whose head office is in Stockholm, Sweden. The group operates out of offices in the UK, US and China.