The Technical Support Engineer is a multi-skilled technical product expert in pre-sales and post-sales activities with a good understanding product management. The post holder will enjoy engaging with customers and will have a natural talent at closing new business opportunities.
Four key elements of this role:
- Provide level-3 technical support to customers from product demonstrations all the way through to successful solution deployment and post-sales support, in accordance with Ranplan’s support processes
- Act in a technical pre-sales and post-sales capacity thereby assisting customers in their understanding of our solutions in the UK marketplace and also globally
- Work closely with the Product Management team to ensure that all supporting documentation and training materials are ready in advance of a product release
- Evaluate product usability and provide feedback to the Product Management and Technology teams as appropriate.
- Provide technical support, including solution demonstrations, design, proposal, detailed RFP responses, presentations, and more
- Provide technical training to customers and support the development of training courses as required by the customer
- Provide internal training to all sales and technical staff to ensure transfer of technical knowledge relative to Ranplan products
- Identify key customer requirements and communicate these to the Product team
- Author and contribute to technical documentation, feature description and marketing collateral
- Design and demonstrate the standard complex projects to present the full range of Ranplan’s solutions
- Coordinate 2nd and 3rd line support in order to identify and resolve critical issues with nominated customer
- Provide feedback to the Product team regarding all aspects of product performance and design e.g. defects and enhancements, among others
- Maintain high level awareness of competitors’ product features and performance in order to exploit technical advantages during RFP/RFI and trial execution
- Represent the company in an official capacity as a speaker at conferences as and when required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Formal Education & Certification
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in telecommunications, network planning or equivalent.
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience in planning, designing and optimising in-building wireless networks
- Proven ability to provide technical product training and mentoring to customers and co-workers
- Technical pre-sales working experience at vendor level and with telecom operators
- Knowledge of wireless cellular standards and equipment (LTE GSM, 3G, HSDPA)
- Commercial acumen
- RFP response experience
- A proven track record of building long-term relationships with telecom operators and OEM vendors.
- Ability to understand customers’ needs in order to deliver desired solution
- Have a high level of hands-on product knowledge and experience with the ability to work independently in difficult and stressful situations
- Ability to mentor fellow employees to ensure successful transfer of knowledge to all staff
- Excellent collaboration skills with a wide variety of people (product management, engineering, marketing)
- Ability to show creativity and openness to new challenges
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal skills.
Closing date for application is 7th May 2019.
About Ranplan Wireless
Ranplan Wireless is an innovative wireless technology company that has developed the World’s only solution that can plan, design, and optimise inbuilding and outdoor wireless networks in coordination. Our solutions enable us to help an ecosystem of companies deploy the next generation of wireless networks for a range of applications in urban environments, supporting multiple technologies such as 4G LTE, 5G, Wi-Fi and IoT, providing end users with an unmatched quality of experience.
Ranplan Wireless is a subsidiary of Ranplan Group AB (Nasdaq First North: RPLAN) whose head office is in Stockholm, Sweden. The group operates out of offices in the UK, US and China.