The Business Development Director will be responsible for setting up the strategic direction and driving the business forward with long-term objectives to meet business growth; developing new business strategic partnerships, increasing revenue; building and expanding the presence of Ranplan across key markets, promoting all product brands; and deliver significant financial growth and raise the share price.
Business Strategic Directions and Management
- Conduct market research and analysis to create detailed business plans (expansion, acquisition, business development etc.)
- Identify and develop unique selling propositions and differentiators
- Lead the business strategic planning and set up the strategic directions
- Work with the Executive team to set company goals and long-term objectives
- Develop and implement business plans and strategies to achieve these goals and targets
- Assess overall company performance against objectives and prepare analytical and performance reports on regular basis
- Provide training, development and mentoring to internal team members on all aspects of Business Development.
Marketing and News Business Development
- Brand Strategy – develop the brand strategy across the Ranplan group of companies
- New Business Development – conduct market research and analysis to create detailed business strategy and identify potential new markets, customers. Plan approach and pitch appropriate for each new opportunity. Monitor the market for information and creative trends, network with key industry influencers and stakeholders, attend conferences and events, and monitor publications and research
- Partner / Reseller Strategy – work closely with the Commercial Director to review existing partner / reseller arrangements and own strategy in line with the Go to Market Strategy. Identify new opportunities and close commercial agreements. Identify any partnership / reseller agreements that are not performing or do not fit with commercial strategy
- Customer Retention – work closely with Commercial Development to ensure Product Marketing and New Business Development reflects current customer needs and requirements to maximise retention and associated revenue.
- Monitor, analyse and forecast investment raising targets
- Research and prospect new investors to ensure a robust pipeline of engagements within the Nordic market
- Build relationships with the decision makers within potential investor organisations
- Manage investor relationships to ensure ongoing mutual benefits
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
Formal education and qualifications
- Educated to degree level.
Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrable experience of effectively managing Business Development function in SME or team in large organisation, telecoms sector
- Demonstrable experience of supporting global market strategies.
- Excellence marketing strategy skills
- Excellence prospecting, networking, persuasion, negotiation and closing skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentation, listening skills)
- Conceptual thinker
- Authentic leader
- Able to influence across different levels of internal and external organisation
- Excellent planning, organisational and administrative skills
- Significant commercial acumen.
Ranplan Wireless is an innovative wireless technology company that has developed world leading software tools for outdoor/indoor wireless network planning, design and optimization, using advanced 3D building modelling and radio propagation simulation. The company is at the forefront of research and development for radio propagation, femto/small cell design, automatic RAN optimization and the deployment of complex HetNets.
Ranplan Wireless is a subsidiary of Ranplan Group AB (Nasdaq First North: RPLAN) whose head office is in Stockholm, Sweden. The group operates out of offices in the UK, US and China.