The Automation Test Engineer role is to automate new features, the existing manual test suite as well as assist in maintaining and enhancing the current automation testing framework. You will be passionate about software testing and champion product quality.
As a Test Automation Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Creating new automated tests for new features as they are developed in a Java/Selenium based framework
- Automating the manual regression suite for Ranplan’s products
- Maintaining and enhancing the existing automation framework to account for product changes and general improvements including performance
- Ensuring routine execution of automated tests using Continuous Integration tools, on physical and virtual environment
- Reviewing any failing automation tests to determine the root cause and take appropriate actions
- Generating reports from automation runs including, but not limited to, success, failures, and overall health
- Raising issues related to test plans or strategy based on automation framework and execution
- Contributing to team improvements releases.
Key knowledge & skills
Formal education and certification
- Degree or higher in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field is required
- An ISQTB/ISEB Foundation certificate in Software Testing is a bonus but not essential degree level (or equivalent) education in Electrical Engineering preferred.
knowledge and experience
- Must have proven interest and experience in software quality processes and concepts, including creating and maintaining test plans, test cases and writing effective bug reports
- Experience of testing Web applications in Selenium and maintaining a framework
- Experience of UI automation tools (e.g. Selenium WebDriver or Ranorex)
- Familiarity with test automation techniques, frameworks, scripting languages (e.g. PowerShell, Python)
- Able to test throughout the development life cycle and delivering a quality product
- Knowledge of Virtualisation tools (e.g. Microsoft Azure, VMware, Citrix)
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and build environments
- Willingness to learn new technologies and testing techniques, and incorporate them in automation infrastructure
- Experience of working as part of an Agile team
- Experience of testing Java, C# or C++ codebases and UI projects
- Experience of data-driven algorithm testing
- Familiarity with ISO9001 an advantage desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
Closing date for applications: 16th August 2019
Ranplan Wireless is an innovative wireless technology company that has developed world leading software tools for outdoor/indoor wireless network planning, design and optimization, using advanced 3D building modelling and radio propagation simulation. The company is at the forefront of research and development for radio propagation, femto/small cell design, automatic RAN optimisation and the deployment of complex HetNets.