The Automation Test Engineer’s role is to automate new features, the existing manual test suite as well as assist in maintaining and enhancing the current automation testing framework. You will be passionate about software testing and champion product quality.
You will be responsible for:
- Creating new automated tests for new features as they are developed in a Java/Selenium based framework
- Automating the manual regression suite for Ranplan’s products
- Maintaining and enhancing the existing automation framework to account for product changes and general improvements, including performance
- Ensuring routine execution of automated tests using Continuous Integration tools in physical and virtual environments
- Reviewing any failing automation tests to determine the root cause and take appropriate actions
- Generating reports from automation runs including, but not limited to, successes, failures and overall health
- Raising issues related to test plans or strategy based on the automation framework and its execution
- Contributing to team improvements.
Key knowledge & skills
- Educated to degree level or higher in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related field is required
- An ISQTB/ISEB Foundation certificate in Software Testing is a bonus but not essential.
Knowledge & Experience
- Must have proven interest and experience in software quality processes and concepts, including creating and maintaining test plans, test cases and writing effective bug reports
- Experience of testing web applications in Selenium and maintaining a framework
- Experience of using UI automation tools (e.g. Selenium WebDriver or Ranorex)
- Familiarity with test automation techniques, frameworks and scripting languages (e.g. PowerShell/Python)
- Ability to perform testing throughout the development life cycle and deliver a quality product
- Knowledge of Virtualisation tools (e.g. Microsoft Azure/VMware/Citrix)
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and build environments
- Willingness to learn new technologies and testing techniques and incorporate them into the automation infrastructure
- Experience of working as part of an Agile team
- Experience of testing Java/C#/C++ codebases and UI projects
- Experience of data-driven algorithm testing
- Familiarity with ISO9001 an advantage.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Superior analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to self-motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative and matrix environment.
Ranplan Wireless is an innovative technology company that has developed the world’s only solution that can plan, design and optimise multi-layered in-building and outdoor wireless networks in a coordinated manner. Our solutions help enable the telecommunications ecosystem, comprised of traditional and non-traditional stakeholders, to efficiently deploy and optimise the next generation of wireless networks.
Ranplan Wireless is a subsidiary of Ranplan Group AB (Nasdaq First North: RPLAN) whose head office is in Stockholm, Sweden. The group operates out of offices in the UK, US and China.